Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
If you’re facing financial difficulties, a lawyer can be your best advocate. We have filed many bankruptcy cases in Oregon, on behalf of clients holding property in multiple jurisdictions. We represent only the debtors in Bankruptcy Court.
Recent changes in the Bankruptcy Code have presented special challenges to businesses and consumers who come into contact with the Bankruptcy system. We work to keep up on the laws and to protect you, your assets and your business.
We have handled the bankruptcy filings for both consumers and business clients. Our innovative and creative use of the Bankruptcy process has included:
- a) effective and efficient litigation of property and debt issues in acrimonious divorce cases;
- b) reorganization of businesses to pay back taxes and other obligations;
- c) resolving contentious divorce cases through bankruptcy by helping debt laden families move on with their lives;
- d) evaluation and reorganization of long-overdue child support obligations through the bankruptcy process; and
- e) advising and assisting domestic relations attorneys with their difficult financial cases.
We also assist clients in the difficult process of foreclosure. We investigate all of your options including short sale, deed in lieu of foreclosure and loan balance reductions. Each option has potential tax and legal complications. With our experience behind you, you can be sure that you are making the best decision possible. But don’t delay—the further you slip behind with creditors and mortgage payments, the fewer options you may have.
Call (541) 678-5614 to arrange a consultation.